with teamwork, everyone wins.
Patient Responsibilities help you to understand what you need to do to make your home health care successful.
- To notify the agency of changes in condition;
- To follow the plan of care;
- To notify the agency if the visit schedule needs to be changed;
- To inform the agency of the existence of any changes made to advance directives;
- To advise the agency of any problems of dissatisfaction with the services provided;
- To provide a safe environment for care to be provided, (e.g. leash vicious dogs, refrain from illegal activities, etc.);
- To be present at the agreed upon visit time and call the home health care office if you are not going to be home for a
- To remain under the care of a physician and inform the nurse or therapist of any changes in orders which you receive from
- To participate in decision making regarding your care and assist in the development and revision of your plan of care;
- To provide the agency staff with all known health insurance information;
- To inform and provide agency care providers with copies of any advance care documents (e.g. Living Will, Health Care Power
of Attorney) you may have;
- To inform the agency supervisory staff of and to secure all valuables and money;
- To carry out mutually agreed upon responsibilities; and
- To behave in a manner that is reasonable, considering the nature of Client illness.
Patient response also provide that you are generally and genuinely:
- Maintaining Healthy Habits
- Being Respectful to Providers
- Being Honest With Providers
- Complying with Treatment Plans
- Preparing for Emergencies
- Reading Behind the Headlines
- Making Decisions Responsibly
- Understanding Prescription Drugs and Their Possible Effects
- Meeting Financial Obligations
- Reporting Fraud and Wrongdoing
- Avoiding Putting Others at Risk
Discover how to Prevent Home Health Care
the Wise Way!
Medicare may not pay if you are not homebound
What are my patient rights?
Senior Health Care Insurance Options For Home Care
How does a Physical Therapist Pay Structure
Affect My Quality of Care?
Do I Need Home Health Care?
Brag About Your Agency!
Thank Your PT!